Polybutene is clean and non-polluting. Therefore, it is ideal for use in lubricants and viscosity index improvers for metalworking fluids. It is also suitable in formulations for lubricating greases, lubricating oils, viscosity modifiers, hydraulic fluids, two stroke engine oils, compressor oils transmission oils and insulating oils. Polybutene is compatible with mineral and synthetic oils.
KEMAT polybutenes can replace Poly Alpha Olefins (PAO) in formulations to reduce the price while maintaining the lubricant properties. Polybutenes are compatible with PAO.
To respond to increasing technical requirements in the field of lubricants and related markets, KEMAT recently launched a new line of low molecular weight high reactive polyisobutenes. KEMAT offers the full range of polybutenes:
Polybut™ – low molecular weight conventional polybutenes, spanning molecular weights from 280 up to 6.000 with viscosities ranging from 2 up to 40.000 centistokes.
Polybut HR™ – low molecular weight high reactive polyisobutenes with molecular weights ranging from 1.000 up to 2.300 g/mol.
Polybol™ – medium and high molecular weight polyisobutenes with molecular weights from 30.000 up to 3.000.000 g/mol.
- Lubricants can be mineral oils or synthetic oils.
- Synthetic oils can be based on PAOs, PIBs or esters.
- PIBs are used in different lubricants depending on their qualities as well as the requirements.
- PIBs/PAOs can be mixed to create the optimum balance: VI / price. This is used in industrial oil, greases and compressor lubricants.
- PIBs/esters can be mixed to increase viscosity. They are used in 2-stroke engine oils, industrial oils, greases, chain lubricants.
End User Applications